- Lupins are an excellent source of protein (43.5g/100g) - that’s 3x more than quinoa! Hint: Great alternative to meat.
- Protein helps with muscle growth and repair, as well as bone maintenance.
- Eating protein keeps you satiated for longer, reducing those pesky cravings.
- A primary source of essential amino acids to maintain your healthy mind and body.
Let’s dive further into some of lupin’s oh-so-tasty health benefits.
Nourishes & fuels your body
Gentle on your hard-working gut
- Lupins contain high levels of prebiotic dietary fibre (around 38% or 38g/100g) that’s 3x more than oats!
- Fibre is a natural laxative that helps normalise bowel movement. Regular poops for the win, riiiiiight?!
- Prebiotics produce short chain fatty acids (SCFAs) that can boost your gut immunity and good bacteria – this helps to prevent IBS, constipation, diarrhoea, heartburn and bloating.
Kind to your blood sugar & cholesterol levels
- Being low GI, lupins can help you to control your blood sugar levels and prevent / delay complications relating to diabetes.
- It can also aid with lowering your cholesterol levels, losing weight and help reduce the risk of heart disease and some types of cancers.
- Phytosterols help lower cholesterol.